We can respond to some requests by e-mail. A quick review of indexes can be made to advise the inquirer as to whether a further search would be useful. Volunteers staff the Society and research is normally restricted to the materials held in our Archives. We require a $45.00 donation for each surname to be researched. Other research is possible by special arrangement. An hourly rate of $10.00 per hour [two-hour minimum] is charged + copying costs + postage. No completed research will be mailed until the required research fees are received.
Instructions for Requesting a Surname Search
- State the names of people as completely as you can. Place only the SURNAME in CAPITAL letters.
- Dates are important. If you don’t know the day, month and year, try to put in a general time frame.
- Mention the location being as specific as you can. (City, Township, County).
- State what information you are seeking – parents, birth date, death date, info on ancestors, wish to correspond with descendants, etc.
- Keep your request brief.
- If you change your email address at any time, please notify us immediately!
Contact the Society at firstname.lastname@example.org
Research in the Archives Room
Members of the society pay no fee for use of our archived material. Non members pay $5.00 per day for on site research. All are charged for copies at 25 cents per copy. Most materials can be copied.