This cannon carriage, once owned by the David H, Wilson GAR Post 134, Mifflintown, is believed to have been made in the late 1870’s. It was restored and a new barrel was made by Jeff Stafford of Coatesville, PA.
It is, along with the matching limber, on display at the Academy. The canon barrel was made so it could not be fired.
There will be more on this story in the September issue of Juniata Jottings – which should be in the mail in the next week or two to our members!